Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Lord's Offering

Exodus 35:4–5 (HCSB)

“Then Moses said to the entire Israelite community, ‘This is what the LORD has commanded: Take up an offering for the LORD among you. Let everyone whose heart is willing bring this as the LORD’s offering….’”

Exodus 36:6–7 (HCSB)

After Moses gave an order, they sent a proclamation throughout the camp: "Let no man or woman make anything else as an offering for the sanctuary." So the people stopped. The materials were sufficient for them to do all the work. There was more than enough.


Can you imagine? What was a greater miracle: opening the Red Sea or opening the people’s hearts to give? Impossible to tell! But may the Lord open our hearts like that—beginning with mine! May I see that none of what I possess belongs to me, but it all belongs to the Lord. He puts it momentarily in my holding until He requires it. I have a big decision to make. May the Lord grant me the wisdom to know His will and the courage to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment