Monday, January 11, 2010

Defiling the Land

Leviticus 20:6–8 (HCSB)

“Whoever turns to mediums or spiritists and prostitutes himself with them, I will turn against that person and cut him off from his people. Consecrate yourselves and be holy, for I am the LORD your God. Keep My statutes and do them; I am the LORD who sets you apart.”


Have you noticed a new fascination with the paranormal? There are shows on TV about people who talk to the dead and (so-called) scientists who investigate haunted houses. Horror movies are not just about psychos with chainsaws. The “new scary” is realism about ghosts and witches.


There was a time, I think, in this land when godly men would have cried out against this. They would have quoted Old Testament passages like this one. They felt that God had brought us to the new Promised Land in America and we had a responsibility to Him to keep it holy.

We’ve come a long way baby!


Now we daily desecrate this beautiful land with sacrilege. We do what God said not to do—and gloat over our freedom to do it! God have mercy!!


He promised judgment on the people who defiled the land with unholy practices.


People ask me if America is in prophecy. In prophecy? I don’t know that we will even be in existence! Don’t look for America in prophecy. Look for America in the promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment