Saturday, September 12, 2009

Meeting with God

Amos 3:3 (HCSB)

“Can two walk together without agreeing to meet?”


The question is hypothetical and the answer is obvious. No—two people cannot walk in fellowship if one refuses to meet with the other.


I have had this experience. Perhaps you have two. I sensed that the person’s attitude had changed toward me suddenly. They had been friendly to me. Overnight that changed. They almost made it a point to let me know they were not speaking to me. I called them to ask to meet, but this individual said “No.” I tried to get them to discuss it on the phone, but they said they had nothing to say to me.


That was one of the more heart-breaking experiences of my life. Since then our relationship has been cordial, but there is not the warmth there once was.


But the same is true of our relationship with God. For that relationship to grow we must meet with God on a daily basis. I know for a fact that God is always ready to meet with us. If there is no meeting it is not God’s fault, it is ours.


Are you agreeing to meet with God daily? Are you going to meet with God today?

No comments:

Post a Comment