Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Scripture reading: Jeremiah 2

Jeremiah 2:13
"My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
(NIV)

What an indictment! God says that His people had done two really stupid things. First, they abandoned the spring for a canteen. Second, the canteen has a hole in it!

Why would you trade that which is unlimited for that which is limited? What if Bill Gates gave you a Visa card and said, “This card has unlimited credit. Whatever you spend I’ll pay for. Now, I dare you to bankrupt me.” What if you traded that card for a wooden nickel?

What they did made no sense. In fact, it was completely irrational. Where I come from they call it “Stupid!”

Are we any smarter?

Here is God. He offers to be in you a source of unlimited life. And you say, “Naw, I’d rather have my own life… just the few centimeters of oxygen in my lungs right now.”

We’d rather bungee jump without the bungee when God offers us wings!

Jesus said, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life" (John 4:13-14, NIV).

Your choice today is simple: you can be your source or God can be your source.

I love you.

Bro. George

No comments:

Post a Comment