Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday, June 20

Jeremiah 18:6b

 

“Just like clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, house of Israel.”

 

We sing a chorus that goes:


 Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour

I know for sure, all of my days are held in your hands,

Crafted into your perfect plan

You gently call me into your presence guiding me by Your Holy Spirit

Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through Your eyes

I'm captured by Your holy calling

Set me apart, I know you're drawing me to yourself

Lead me Lord I pray

 

Take me, Mould me, use me, fill me

I give my life to the Potter's hand

Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me

I give my life to the Potter's hand

 

The clay is completely at the disposal of the potter. He can do whatever he wishes with it.

 

Our Heavenly Father has a plan for our lives. He knows exactly what He created us to be. So He applies a little pressure here. He bends the clay there. He shapes it skillfully and carefully. Finally it begins to take the shape of what He designed it to be.

 

We are all in process. None of us is finished. There is no sense in complaining about the product before it is done.

 

Here is an important point: there is no sense in complaining about the product even after it is done.  We may not like what our life is becoming. We look at others and wonder why we could not be more like them—used more, admired more, seemingly adjusted better than we are, etc. But that is not our business. Our business is simply to be yielded to the Potter.

 

We should be grateful that the Potter keeps working! Get this: He is focusing just as much attention on you as He is any of His other vessels.

No comments:

Post a Comment