Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday, June 19

Jeremiah 16:19-21 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

 

LORD, my strength and my stronghold, my refuge in a time of distress, the nations will come to You from the ends of the earth, and they will say, "Our fathers inherited only lies, worthless idols of no benefit at all." Can one make gods for himself? But they are not gods. "Therefore, I am about to inform them, and this time I will make them know My power and My might; then they will know that My name is Yahweh."

 

Here is an astounding prophecy: “the nations will come to You from the ends of he earth.” This has been happening for two thousand years. It is happening now, but it is not complete. The Bible says that one day there will be standing before His throne some from “every nation, tongue, tribe and people.” Some of those have not come yet because they have not heard yet. This is why Jesus commanded us to “go to the ends of the earth and preach the Gospel.”

 

We have His guarantee that we will be successful in this campaign. If some from every tongue must stand before His throne then we know that some will be saved. They are just waiting for someone to go and tell them. They will forsake their worthless idols and bow before the Lord God. He will demonstrate to them His power and might. This is the only way to get through to those who are embedded in idolatry. They must realize that our God is greater than theirs.

 

The Lord will reveal Himself to them just as He has to us. They will be formally introduced to Him as “Jehovah God.”  

 

The only thing that is now keeping this from happening is that we are too comfortable where we are to go. Well, we have a choice. We can obey God’s Word and go or He can make it unbearable for us not to go. He did it with the Jews two thousand years ago. He can do it again today.

 

I don’t know about you but I’d rather have a comfortable place to come back to after I’ve been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment