Friday, August 28, 2009

Dear Father,

I am sorry that I have sinned. I have been rebellious and disobedient. I confess the sin of my people, of my nation. We have acted wickedly. We have turned away from You. We have pursued other gods. We have been rebellious. We are a perverse people. We call evil “good” and good “evil.”

Dear Father, in wrath please remember mercy! You are Righteous in all Your ways—in all Your actions. No one can lay blame at Your doorstep. We have always done wrong. It is us! We have turned away. We have been unfaithful. But You are Compassionate, full of Mercy, and infinite in Grace. Remember us. Have mercy on us. Be compassionate to us.

Father, please forgive us. Please restore Your good hand upon us. Make Your Name renowned again in this nation. For the sake of Your Great Name please restore us to holiness. Make us good once again. Stop our hypocrisy. We say we are better than to torture our enemies yet we slaughter our babies! We are an international disgrace. Please forgive us and restore us to Yourself. Send Your Holy Spirit to wash over us like a flood. Please revive us again.

In Jesus’ Name

2 comments: