Friday, April 2, 2010

The LORD Is Our Lamp!

LORD, You are my lamp; the LORD illuminates my darkness.

2 Samuel 22:29 (HCSB)

2 Samuel is one of those great chapters. If you cannot find something here to bless you and help you then something is wrong!


A lot in this chapter speaks to me personally, but this verse is the one I want to share. So often in my life I’m looking for direction. It seems a lot of my prayer time is spent asking God to “show me the way” He wants me to go. I feel I’m not alone in this. Our lives are filled with decisions we have to make. Some of these decisions are thrust upon us suddenly. Some are decisions we have postponed because we either don’t know what to do or we don’t like doing it. Choices! Sometimes they come at us like waves at the ocean, engulfing us without mercy. We barely pull ourselves to our feet before another slams into us. Making decisions sometimes can be exhausting!


But we are not without guidance. The LORD is our lamp: lighting the way at our feet and dispelling the darkness. Lean on Him. Trust in Him. Wait on Him. Listen to Him. He will show you the way.

1 comment:

  1. That verse is precious to me, too! It's highlighted in my Bible. One of my problems is remembering that the Lord is a LAMP for me... a lamp unto my FEET - not a bank of stadium lights. Often He only illuminates the next step. I'm still learning the patience to calmly take that step and trust Him that He'll light the following one when it's time. You know what? He always does!

    ReplyDelete