Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reminded by Snow

Looking out my window reminds me of two passages of Scripture from Isaiah:


Isaiah 1:18

"Come, let us discuss this," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are as red as crimson, they will be like wool."


Can you imagine anything whiter than snow? Look out your window and see how your blood-washed soul looks to God! What an object lesson! Give praise!

Isaiah 55:10–11

"For just as rain and snow fall from heaven, and do not return there without saturating the earth, and making it germinate and sprout, and providing seed to sow and food to eat, so My word that comes from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please, and will prosper in what I send it ‹to do›."


God’s Word is like a snow that falls from heaven and provides moisture to the soil so it can make the seed germinate and grow. This is especially true in the areas where the Spring snows thaw, leaving a blanket of new grass and vegetation beneath. We may be poor work hands, but God’s Word always accomplishes it’s mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment